Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday in Anaheim (NaBloPoMo #5)

Such a surreal day. I was without my phone - that in itself is a little unsettling, but could not be helped. I was in Orange County, at a Volleyball tournament all day and I was meeting some significant people in my love's life.

Awkwardness that was smoothed over by sweetness, genuine niceness and politeness. Nothing dramatic nor exciting, but so many questions came up in my head.

I got to observe people in an environment that is not their usual and I was processing information about their personalities, their characters, including my darling.

I began to wonder if I was the odd one out. It was like observing pieces of puzzle. It was nice to finally meet them in person, but I did want to interact so much more.

To the special young man who did an exceptional job as setter, I appreciated the wave and smile even though all of this must impact you the most. A gentleman at such a young age, you touched me most. I look forward to chatting with you about your game--I enjoyed watching you very much! Your father is so proud and it's so easy to see why. I look forward to spending time and getting to know you. I know it'll take time, but I do hope it is sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment